… and so began the construction of our beautiful mausoleum. Our first unit was built in 1936. Additions were added in 1938, 1942, 1951, 1957 and 1964. Stained glass windows were commissioned and built by Southern California artisans and installed in the original buildings.
Hand painted murals reminiscent of the Sistine Chapel in Rome were added in later years. "Susan Henshaw" by Sir Godfrey Kneller hangs in our Library. The imported Italian marble in our chapel evokes many comments due to its unusual colorings.